Grilled Garlic and Hoopla Marinated Shrimp
- 1 pound large shrimp (16-20 per pound), peeled, de-veined, but tail left on
- 3/4 cup of Hoopla Pale Ale (or try Buffalo Gold!)
- 2 teaspoons Old Bay Seasoning
- 2 teaspoons Creole Seasoning
- 2 tablespoons minced or pressed garlic
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon hot sauce of your choice
- Pancetta or Prosciutto slices to wrap around each individual shrimp (optional.)
Mix together the Old Bay, Creole, garlic, hot sauce, olive oil, Worcestershire sauce, pepper and beer. Place shrimp in a resealable plastic bag and pour marinade into bag. Toss the shrimp around just a bit and make sure all shrimp is coated. Let shrimp marinate in this mixture for at least 1 hour or up to 12 hours.
After the shrimp is finished marinating, discard marinade. Wrap a thin slice of the pancetta or prosciutto around each piece of shrimp, if you'd like. Place the shrimp on skewers and grill (on medium low) and cook them for about 4 minutes on each side, or until they turn a bright pink. These can also be cooked in a 425 degree oven for 10 minutes or until pink and crisp.
Cooks note: This marinade is also delicious for grilled asparagus. You can also pair these delicious grilled shrimp with some sauteed artichoke hearts and bite-sized chicken sausage pieces that have been sauteed in a little bit of olive oil and garlic. You can even toss these delicious shrimp with pasta and a cream sauce for the ultimate seafood pasta dish.