Open Position --
Area Sales Manager - Northern Colorado
Boulder Beer is expanding its sales team! Here's the skinny:
Where you'll work: 104th in Denver through Larimer and Weld County.
What you'll do:
1. Sell Boulder Beer to on and off premise accounts that don't have our beer, and increase our presence and share of mind in places that already do.
2. Work with, inform, inspire and cajole our distributor sales teammates in helping them to move more product onto the shelves and taps and into the hands of our customers.
3. Become a shining beacon for Boulder Beer at retail accounts, lighting up doorways and fostering brand awareness and loyalty.
4. Train retail staff, arrange and attend promotions including beer dinners, festivals, hand-sells and tastings.
5. Put up merchandising, shelf-sets, floor-stacks, banners, displays and all the fun stuff your inner-decorator has been dying to do.
6. Provide timely and detailed reporting, market analysis and follow-up to the wonks at the home office.
What you'll need to perform this job:
1. A passion for good beer, a reasonable knowledge of it, and a desire to learn more!
2. Excellent organization and time-management skills. This job requires attention to detail at the distributor level, retail level, promotional level, and corporate level.
3. The ability to be both independent and work with a team.
4. College degree is desirable, but commensurate successful experience in the craft beer business is acceptable.
5. A minimum of two years sales management, retail or distributor experience in the craft beer or wine business.
6. Strong PC skills, and mastery of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook)
7. Reliable transportation, appropriate for occasionally hauling beer.
8. A smart phone (It's 2017, do we really have to say this? We suppose so…)
9. The ability to lift at least 50 pounds on occasion.
10. The flexibility to travel and work evenings and weekends as needed. And it's needed.
11. Outgoing personality and comfortable with public speaking.
12. Respect for all aspects of our product: the ability to maintain sobriety and professionalism.
13. A clean driving record, a home computer, and a credit card.
14. A desire for long-term employment with Colorado's First Microbrewery!
What You'll Get From Boulder Beer:
Salary plus commission -- commensurate with experience.
Monthly phone and mileage reimbursement/allowance.
Weekly reimbursement for expenses.
Health Care Benefits, 401(K), pre-tax flexible spending plan.
4 - 6 weeks of on-the-job training with brewery team.
A great job in a great workplace with great people who make great beer for the enjoyment of our customers and ourselves!
Send cover letter and resume with the subject line "Denver Sales" to firstname.lastname@example.org