Open Position --
Colorado's First Craft Brewery is looking for a dynamic and experienced beer scientist to direct and support the growth of our quality lab. We are seeking an upbeat, forward-thinking, and highly analytical Quality Manager to assure and control the highest possible quality standards for all Boulder Beer Company products.
Key areas of accountability include but are not limited to:
- Microbiological Quality Assurance (QA) / Quality Control (QC)
- Chemical Analytics
- Yeast Management
- Fermentation Management
- Sensory Analysis Panels
Lead the daily activities of the department, including, but not limited to:
- Providing leadership, planning and technical direction to interns, and manage department workload.
- Develop and improve existing standards and quality targets, and proactively develop solutions to issues affecting product quality and consistency.
- Assure effective communication interdepartmentally, ensuring adequate and appropriate information flow.
- Develop SOPs to elevate process control standards and minimize variability from operator to operator and assure adherence to those standards is maintained.
- Successfully build rapport, respect and camaraderie within the Quality Assurance team, management and interdepartmentally throughout the company to develop and promote internal and external customer satisfaction.
- Work collaboratively with production staff as well as effectively leading quality initiatives
- Ability to effectively handle multiple demands and rapid change
- Ability to operate with minimal supervision
- Skilled in thinking critically and problem solving
- Minimum three (3) years beverage industry lab experience
- Bachelors degree Biology/Chemistry/Food Science or related field
Please send resume to email@example.com